I met an old farmer the other day who proudly declared to me, “My pigs NEVER went outside!” And I replied, “MY pigs never go INSIDE!”
Why our pork is better for YOU:
- our Heritage breed Berkshire/Tamworth pigs live in woods and fields as nature intended,
- where they have plenty of room to root, run and play OUTSIDE fully expressing their “pig-ness” (to quote Joel Salatin)
- Live in small groups and get plenty of attention and frequent contact with humans so they are less stressed.
- We feed them locally sourced organic feed and minerals including micro-nutrients and probiotics from Melvin Martin, Martin’s Farm Supply.
- No toxins, no chemicals, no drugs, it’s as clean AND nutritious as food can possibly be.
All of this leads to (imho) pork meat which TASTES noticeably better than pigs raised in a factory farm
We use local artisan butchers who are happy to customize cuts specifically for you.
You be the judge…
Our pigs get to root for grubs and bugs and… roots. We do small groups of hardy Berkshire/Tamworth heritage breeds who can handle our severe winters here in upstate New York.
We feed them locally sourced organic feed from Melvin Martin, Martin’s Farm Supply.
We use no pesticides. We treat our animals with natural preventive supplements for natural robust health. In addition, our pigs are part of our regenerative agriculture “team.” They are the first “shock troops” to hit the ground on old, overgrown farmsteads where brush and brambles have taken over. Pigs are natures PLOWS.
We do our best to move them every 7-10 days so they are constantly exploring new areas (which they LOVE) while we seed and rest each area they leave. After the pigs have disturbed the soil,The next step is sheep…
Because of the ongoing supply chain crises and shortage of USDA inspected processing in our area, we use a well respected and experienced “Custom” butcher. Even so, we usually have to reserve a harvesting appointment a year in advance.
The benefits of this to you are:
- The animals never leave our farm.
- Raised with love and Humanely treated. This means their meat is not laced with stress and fear hormones.
- You can deal directly with our custom butcher to choose what specific cuts you want (for whole & half hog orders)
- If you’re local, you can give us a call and stop by to choose your cuts.
- If you’re in or around Albany New York we deliver to your area once a month.
- If you’re anywhere else we can ship directly to your door.
If you prefer to buy individual cuts of meat our current price is $10 per pound See exceptions below) plus a $25 “co-ownership” or “share” fee (minimum order of 10 pounds please).
What thickness you like your chops? Let us know!
Tenderloin (the Filet Mignon of Pork)
Our home smoked small batch nitrate free bacon
If you are serious about getting healthy pork while at the same time supporting our Farm Church and you live out of the area we can make arrangements to ship frozen direct to you, but we are still getting that phase of our operation set up.
So please let us know if that’s something that would interest you and we can figure that out and get it done.